Search this blog
- 76Carmel: Hello admin, i must say you have high quality content here. Your blog should go viral. You need initial...
- Peaj: Lindsay. I have thinking about this post all week. I think that I found it distressing. Distressing that the...
- Lindsay: Thank you so much, Stef! I love you and talking with you too. It’s so true that the kindredness...
- Stef: Thanks for your honesty in this and for our conversation while you guys were visiting. I love that no matter...
- Lindsay: Sarah, thank you so much for reading and then sharing your thoughtful response. I love that you wrote it was...
Tags from this blogAIDS answer behavior bit blog body change church class consent control Country faith fun haven health heart hiv aids home job journey mood morning motivation office person post reading roller skates Self self efficacy Senya sex social and cultural anthropology stress stressful life events theory time Today Twirling vcf way work yesterday zuri
Tag Archives: Senya
Furry just came up from the woods after I whisper-yelled at her to return home and stop barking (Senya is sleeping, so a whisper-yell with a few claps for audible emphasis is the best I could do). She returned–hackles raised–from … Continue reading
Yesterday morning, I woke up before my alarm (I had woken up several times preempting it so that Senya would not be awoken at 5:30 and decide that’s normal). I got ready, and left the house for my first day … Continue reading
Earlier in the day we went to visit a literacy and education class for women in a village named Mwachombe. It was really cool. These women are learning how to read and write and do mathematics. Our church, VCF, helps … Continue reading
You win, IRB. Today we went to a primary school without Terry; she has been staying behind lately as she gets more and more tired due to pregnancy. This poses some challenges because there are only three of us on … Continue reading
We spent the day doing questionnaires in two more schools, but the most noteworthy fact about today is that it is Senya’s 7 month birthday. This girl is so precious, and I love knowing her and being her mom. I … Continue reading
I had intended to write a pretty detailed blog post last night about my experience conducting the questionnaires for the second time. After our full day, however, I ended up falling asleep with Senya while putting her to bed only … Continue reading
January 8, 2011 Senya seemed thrilled to be in Mombasa last night. She slept for the full duration of the 50 minute flight from Nairobi, and she woke with enthusiasm for the new climate and surroundings. It is much warmer … Continue reading
January 7, 2011 We are waiting in the Nairobi airport, and soon we will board our last plane for the month. We will arrive around 11:00 pm this evening to our cottage, if all goes well. So far, all has … Continue reading