Search this blog
- lindsay: Judy, thank you so much for taking the time to read about my journey here. Thank you for sharing your...
- judy: Linds, I knew this was posted in the summer, while we were traveling, and i had in the back of my mind to read....
- Lindsay: Thank you so much, Stef! I love you and talking with you too. It’s so true that the kindredness...
- Stef: Thanks for your honesty in this and for our conversation while you guys were visiting. I love that no matter...
- Lindsay: Sarah, thank you so much for reading and then sharing your thoughtful response. I love that you wrote it was...
Tags from this blogAIDS answer behavior bit blog body change church class consent control Country faith fun haven health heart hiv aids home job journey mood morning motivation office person post reading roller skates Self self efficacy Senya sex social and cultural anthropology stress stressful life events theory time Today Twirling vcf way work yesterday zuri
Monthly Archives: September 2010
I have not forgotten my blog. I have just been really preoccupied with some things like motherhood, school, and things pertaining to work. Today I finally felt like I could breathe because I got some good news and came to … Continue reading
As I’ve discussed elsewhere on this blog, rumination is bad news. I wrote about some beliefs that pre-dispose people to ruminate. Now here is another link to rumination: self-focus. Self-focus is positively associated with rumination about problems, and high levels … Continue reading
A certain researcher (Linville) posits the theory that self-complexity can buffer the negative effects of stress. She defines self-complexity as a trait describing someone who has many different self-definitions (or self-aspects) related to his/her identity. This would mean that the … Continue reading
Because it’s the weekend (blog reading is low on the weekends) I am going to do a little unconventional blog post. I just browsed through some old snippets of my journal writing from several years back. It surprised me to … Continue reading
SO, I have been trying to run again. Yes, I think I wrote that correctly. I am not quite ready to say, “I’ve been running again.” See, I have standards for what that would mean. And what I am doing … Continue reading
I am really tired tonight, folks, and my writing may reflect that. I thought that I would briefly mention rumination before retiring to bed for the night. Rumination is the term for a concept with which most people are familiar. … Continue reading
Today I went to campus for a sustainability committee meeting. Senya came with me. It went really well. She just chilled out on my lap for most of it; when she got hungry, I gave her a bottle. She was … Continue reading